Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Monday, February 23, 2009

2 new arrivals!


The twins were born!!

My sister had a Dr appt. on Friday. She'd been having a few contractions and the Dr wanted to monitor her. She was having contractions every 5 minutes. She wasn't dilating or even feeling them. Dr said she would stay in the hospital and he would take the babies (c-section) on Sat. morning as long as everything stayed the same.
My mom and dad threw things in the truck to head down south.

My parents were about 1/2 way there Friday night when my sister's husband called and said that her contractions were now 2 minutes apart and the Dr was prepping for surgery. The babies were born around 10:30 Friday night.

The boy was 1st. He weighed 7lbs and was 19 inches long. The little girl came 2nd and weighed 6lbs 14oz and was 20 inches long.

I hurried down to Texarkana on Saturday for a quick visit. I got in as much snuggle time as I could. They are both very cute but look NOTHING alike. Big brother is not really acknowledging them yet, but they go home today, so we shall see how that goes.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I can't over how BIG they are! Congrats Aunt Jamie! What wonderful blessings for your family!

Anonymous said...

Jamie I am so excited for your sister! I had been talking to her quite a bit lately on FB, but I was shocked to see your status update Saturday.

I will continue to pray for them as they settle in at home. They are embarking on a truly special journey that few get to be a part of. 2 babies at one time is so amazing!

Janelle said...

God is so good!

Alana said...

So exciting! I hope all is going well for her so far!