Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Friday, March 27, 2009

An update on us.

Here we are at the end of spring break. I feel more exhausted than ever. I'm sure that part of my problem is mental. I spent a couple of days at my sister's house helping out with the new babies. The girls had a great time at their Mamaw's house. The got to do something fun each day and were spoiled.
Today we are back home and I have tons to catch up on. My sweet, sweet husband took the day off and is taking the girls to the gym while I pay bills. A task I can't complete with things going on around me. I think he's kind of worried about me today. I'm a little down, but mostly overwhelmed by life today.
For an adoption update, we are waiting on a couple of things to happen in Korea. The hard part is that this stage of the process could happen in a few days or a few weeks. So, it's hard to say just exactly when our boy will be home. God has been so faithful, in that everything up until this point has gone so quickly. I realize that this could be part of the issue (Korea trying to catch up to the quick process on the US side)
I also need to mention more that God has done for us. We did not receive one of the grants that we applied for. I know that sounds like bad news, but I believe there are other families out there who need it more than we do. Because, drum roll please.........we are about $500 short of our final goal. God is AWESOME. He has made this possible and we haven't even had to try that hard. Trusting is the key, He is worthy of all our trust. He is faithful. So just keep praying that our boy will come in His time and that I will not fall apart in the meantime.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness! I'm so happy that you are so very close to your goal! I can't imagine how hard it is to just wait for your boy...I just can't. The glory that you are giving to God through all of this is wonderful and shows how important HE is to your family. I pray that the wait is short for your little man to join his family! Praying for you all!

Shelley said...

Jamie, I love your update, and your honesty, and just having a peek into your life. I am so thrilled for you, and it's been amazing even for me to see how God has worked everything our for you all so perfectly!

Alana said...

That is amazing about the money! I love hearing the God stories you've been sharing with us!