Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

S to the T to the L: Full Post

We went to St. Louis in April. We had an awesome time and great weather. My in-laws and I drove in on Saturday, Josh was in Dallas and would fly in to town later that evening. The drive there was good and uneventful. We arrived in St. Louis a little early to check in to our rooms, so we passed the time by exploring the lobby area. Josh made it into town about the time our rooms were ready. One of the rooms faced the stadium, which was really cool. There was a game going on at that time. Little did we know it would go on to set a record for the most innings played in a Cardinal game.




After we got settled we set out to walk to Laclede's Landing for dinner. The walk took us through the park surrounding the Arch. It was a nice walk and the weather was perfect. We saw a lot of High school kids out for the Prom. My girls were so excited to see all the princess dresses. We got to our destination The Old Spaghetti Factory. It is one of our favorites and we MUST eat there when we travel to St. Louis. The meal was wonderful. We did have on little issue. Bub had a dirty diaper and I realized I forgot to put diapers and wipes in the stroller. Great Mom! I proceeded to clean him up with wet paper towels and he rode "commando" on the way back to our hotel.





The next day was Sunday. We woke up and had a small breakfast in the room. Thankfully, Josh made a S*bucks run to the lobby, Dark Cherry Mocha everyday for me. We took our time getting ready and went to The City Museum. We've been there before and have had a blast. Little Sis was there when she was about two, so I thought there would be no problem with Bub coming along. WRONG! He refused to be held or even hold hands and the "leash" was a no go. This was not good. I found myself filling with anxiety and getting very grouchy as I followed him around in fear. I just knew he was going to get away from us or fall down a slide hole. I proceeded to take him up to have a snack and the two of us spent a lot of time in the toddler friendly area. All in all we ended up having a good time, but it will be a while before Bub goes there again.





We went to Union Station for lunch and ate at Houlihan's very yummy. We ate outside by the Koi pond and Bub slept in his stroller, which made for a peaceful lunch. The kids fed fish and then Mamaw and Pawpaw let the girls jump on the trampoline thingys. Later that evening we went to the Cardinal game. We were all decked out in our gear. Unfortunately, Bub wasn't into baseball that day and only allowed me to sit still while we ate our hot dogs. We got up to walk around. Josh and I ended up taking Bub and Little Sis back to the hotel after about the third inning. Big Sis and the grandparents stayed through the whole game and the Cardinals Won!!!



Monday was Zoo day. We had a great time and saw all of our favorites. I haven't had a more enjoyable time there. We would stop at all the little stations where the older volunteers were standing. Some had fur to pet, others had bones or replicas of a bear's claw. They would tell us all about the animals. You could tell the people were very excited about helping children learn. From there we went to Delmar's Loop. I had never been there, interesting and unique area. We ate at Fitz's an old Rootbeer bottling company. Unfortunately they weren't bottling that day but the atmoshphere was fun and the food was delicious. Black and Bleu Burger, nom-nom.





Tuesday we checked out of our hotel and went to The Science Center. It was fun but I think we were all ready to get home. The drive home went okay. We were in two vehicles, so Josh and Pawpaw rode in his truck and Mamaw rode with the kids and me. Why does the ride home always seem so take so long? I guess it would've been better if a certain boy had not gotten car sickness. All in all we had a great trip. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We want to take that trip again soon.

No comments: