Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Catching Up: July, Belated Birthdays.

I am not exactly sure about this blog. I really want to keep up with what's going on but I don't. I look at the previous post and all the that has past. I feel guily for not posting again and overwhelmed about what to post. I don't want to pass up the important things that have gone on. So here goes with a catch up post. This is from July when Big Sis turned 9 and The Bub turned 2.

Big Sis and I talked about what kind of party she would want for her day. I like to give the girls friend parties. Josh and I talked about how the children have so many things (read toys) and they don't need a lot of gifts from us. We would rather spend money on a nice party for them. Big Sis and I decided for her day we would go to a tea room for a tea party followed by mani-pedis for her, one friend, one cousin and of course Little Sis. She loved the idea and so did I.

We met at the tea room. There we ate our lady like food and drank tea (or other beverage)from our own tea pot. Okay, I didn't get my own teapot, but all the girls did and I was okay with that. We had a yummy cake sampler and Big Sis opened the gifts from her friends and Nana (who came along with us) We had a good time.

The tea pary girls:Little Sis (in back), Cousin C, Big Sis, Friend J.

Big Sis opening presents.

Then we headed to the nail place and got our pampering on. My mom and I got pedicures only while the girls got the works. The were in girly heaven. The nail tech took time to give the girls flowers on their finger and toes with little rinestones on them. It was fun to see them enjoy their first pedicure experience.
Cousin C. She was a little hesitant but enjoyed it after it got going.


Big Sis and Little Sis got the special Kid pedi chairs with DVD players. So Fun!!!


Friend J

It's fun to watch my girls grow up, but a little sad too. Big Sis is getting so big right before our eyes.


I know I did a post on The Bub's birthday, but I wanted to share how we celebrated. We had a little party at home. My mom and dad came over for cake and presents.

The Bub opening gifts.


My lovely off-roading truck creation. Hey, he's two. He loved it!!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love your idea for Big Sis' bday! And I loved your update. It's hard to make time to blog, but I think (I hope!) we'll be glad we did someday!