Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011. A clean slate.

I have a chalk board in my living room. Some people probably think it's weird. Once when we were touring a potential house to buy I saw one like it. A small chalk board in a painted frame,over the fire place. Around the frame is a larger empty frame and the color from the wall shows through. I instantly loved it and knew I wanted to do that over my own fire place some day. So, when we moved in I did it. The purpose of the board is for writing a wise saying or a thoughtful word. A person could write a fun message for a loved one's birthday. When I first put it up I wrote words like "smile" and "love". Then I went through the fruit of the Spirit. I got a little teasing when "Self-Control" was above my fireplace. For Christmas the girls asked me to write "Joyful" and I did. When I took down my Christmas decor I erased it. I left it blank for a few days. Then the other day, while considering what to write I got to thinking. That board is like this year, 2011, an empty space stretching out before us. We don't know what this year holds. I know struggles will come, as will blessings, but I'm not sure what form they will take. I am happy to say that I do know Someone who does know what this year holds. God knows what's going to happen. I want Him to write the story of my life, my year, my days. I want to give Him the chalk so He can fill this year with the things he wants to, the good he sees for me and my family. I pray that no matter what comes that I will draw closer to Him and I can give Him the glory for my 2011.

2 comments:

Alana said...

We can all use a blank slate from time to time! Loved your chalkboard!

Shelley said...

Well I loved your chalkboard, but I love your analogy even more. WOW. I have thought about resolutions, but viewing this year as a clean chalkboard, and wanting God to have the chalk...just WOW. That's a mental picture I needed to see. Thank you.