Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life and Times of the First Grade

My first born baby is almost finished with her first grade year. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. She has done really well this year and I am proud of her. She has had some exciting things happening lately.

First of all, she was asked to include a story that she wrote in the Tri-Lakes Young Authors Conference. She enjoyed a day of writing and illustrating activities and received a certificate and a gold seal on the cover of her book. The book is entitled "The Bird That Said Moo." It's a very cute story. She was proud to be a real author. Maybe, God will use her someday in that area. She has so much potential. Here are a few pictures I took that day.






Another exciting thing that happened was a special surprise at school. The third and fourth grade had spent time in state testing and this was a little treat for all their hard work. The Principal and my husband Josh set it up. It was a visit from our favorite helicopter pilot, Big Sis's Daddy, Josh. He landed at the school Monday morning and all the kids got a chance to look at the aircraft. Big Sis and her daddy both had an awesome time. I wasn't able to be there, but the secretary took these pictures for me.







7 comments:

Janelle said...

The picture of Big Sis running in the field towards her daddy made me tear up. I just love daddy/daughter relationships.

Sorry you couldn't have been there to see it yourself, but glad someone took pix for you.

Celeste said...

How cool is that? She must have been so excited and proud of daddy!

Shelley said...

How fun is all that?! She is so precious and sweet! I love the book, that is SO creative! You have a precious family!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I bet the kids just think she is the coolest!

Congrats to Big Sis on her achievement! That is awesome.

I can't believe these kids are almost done with 1st grade...seems like just yesterday we were helping them in the 3 year olds class!

Kara said...

What an awesome treat. You know your girls must think they have the absolute coolest dad in the world!! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Alana said...

She's got to be the coolest girl in school right now. Love that picture of her with Dad!!

So great about her story! Pretty soon she'll be a guest contributor on your blog!

michelle said...

I can't wait to hear her story! Congratulations!!!

It gave my goose bumps to see her run to her daddy! She looks so proud!