Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gettin' it done, or not.

Someone help me understand how I manage to stay home two solid days in a row and still not get all my house chores done. Argh! It's so frustrating. I have a lot to do and stayed busy all day. (Well, I was on the computer some, but I am trying to cut back.) It seems like I can't get everthing done. How much do you get done in a day to consider it a sucessful day as a SAHM? Six loads of laundry, bills, vacuuming? Is a quick straitening enough? What do you think?

P.S. Pray. Josh and I are making a decision that will affect our future. Nothing scary or bad. Just a decision. Pray for wisdom and direction for both of us. Maybe I will fill you in more later if I can.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Honestly, for me right now is all about staying one step ahead of needs. It is such a juggling act with new baby that I can barely keep up with all the house stuff. If I can keep the kitchen and living room straight, kids fed, baby happy and homework done than I feel accomplished for the day. Any more than that and I think my head would explode!

Give yourself grace! God does.

Shelley said...

It's weird, some days I'm home with just one kid, and I get next to nothing done. Or so it seems. And other days I'm home with all 3, and I end up amazed at how much I accomplished. And vice versa. And yes, I think straightening totally counts!

I'll be praying!

Alana said...

That's a good question. It depends on the day. I find it hard to get a lot done when I'm in and out of the house taking to and picking up from preschool and school.