Thanks to the girls who commented on my last post. Sorry for the whining. I think I'm going to keep up the blogging thing, for posterity (sp?) I really like going back and reading the older posts and I know someday I will be thankful I took the time to do this.
Can I just say that summer with all 3 kids home was kicking my tail? I was going INSANE everyday. So I have to admit to myself I could never be a home school mom. Okay, there I said it. I am not so good at keeping my kids constantly entertained, educated and stimulated. So, on Monday I broke down and took the kids to the community center of the town we just moved from. It has a big indoor pool with slides, a lazy river and all that fun stuff. I was happy to pay the $17 dollars it took to get the three of us in. Bub was free. We had a great time. As soon as I got home I called my hubby to tell him how great the day was. Not one time at the pool did the girls fuss, fight, or say "I'm bored." I told him I couldn't justify spending that kind of money more than once a week. Then, I got to thinking about possibly becoming a member. I looked into it and found we could get a family pass for 3 months for $110. Uh, yes please. This also includes a fitness center that Josh and I (yeah, right) could use. So needless to say, that night Josh signed us up.
The kids and I have been there four times this week. I believe it's going to help keep us all happy this summer. And, since it's indoor, no sunburns. This fact also helps when Bub gets tired of the water and he and I end up sitting on the side. We aren't sweating sitting in the hot sun. Perfect! Thank you Lord. Any IRL friends are welcome to come and join us. See you there.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
2 comments:
Yay! We joined the OC and I am in love! The big kids love it and Mary is entranced by everything.
Sounds wonderful! I didn't know about that place. Summer is good/bad/easier/harder. How's that for confusing!
Post a Comment