Is she thinking of him today?
It's been two years since she first saw his face, heard his cry. Did she hold him close and kiss his little cheeks. Did she think, "He looks like me"? Did he wrap his tiny fingers around one of her own? Did she cry? Did she tell him of her plan? What was going through her mind that day he was born?
Today, on this anniversary of his birth, I'm thinking of her. I have an ache in my heart for her. I know she loved him, she had a plan for him. Does she still feel the weight of his tiny body in her arms? Is she aching today too? May God give her peace, knowing he is growing, thriving. He is so smart and stubborn and funny and loving. Part her, part me.
Today I will give him two hugs at bedtime, an extra one for the woman who can't put her arms around him. Two kisses on his chubby, still baby-like cheeks. Two snuggles when he falls and gets a bump. I will push the trucks and throw the ball for two extra minutes, spending time playing when I have other things I could be doing, because her time is over. I will rock him a little longer, even though I know he's trying to get too big for rocking, I will rock him today for her. Because, she let him go on that day so I could have him in my arms. My son.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
7 comments:
Thanks for that-I am now a sobbing mess;)
I cried today for my foster child's mom. She cried during their visit today. I cannot imagine her grief as she has to drive away and leave this precious little girl, knowing that someone else will tuck her in to bed.
Oh Jamie, that was precious.
So sweet. So so sweet!
I have welled up and over with tears reading your post, and don't get me started on all my goose bumps. I love this Jamie. You phrased it so well. I think of both my kids birth moms in that very same light. I think of them extra special on their birthdays. I know that when I am laughing and smiling and soaking up their very existence on their special day of turning from one number to the next, there is another woman crying in her pillow who longs for what I have, but knew it wasn't what she could give. Eli is so blessed to have you for a mommy and I know you feel blessed to have him for a son. Thanks again for sharing this!! Adoptive Mommies Unite! :-)
Hi Jamie....I popped over here from Kara's blog. Such sweet words you've written here. Happy Birthday to your precious boy.
What a lovely post, and an even lovelier sentiment. Adoption, is, the greatest gift I believe a woman can give to her child, and to the parents-in-waiting.
Big hugs,
Jo
beautifully written!
Post a Comment