I have to start by saying I am a reluctant puppy owner at best. My husband is the one who has really wanted a dog. He says it is because he promised the girls he would get them one when he returned from his deployment (that was over a year ago.) So, for some reason, one Thursday evening at about 6:30 he wanted to go and look at some German Shepherd puppies. This is usually bath and family time but we headed out. I had no idea what lay ahead for me. I actually thought we were going to play with some puppies and come back home. Ha! We came home about two hours later with our new dog. He's a male and he turns eight weeks old today. His name is "Thunder Jonathan". Big Sis picked the first name so Little Sis got to choose a middle name for him. Actually, the first choice for his name was "Puddles" I had to explain to Big Sis that this was going to be a big strong manly dog and he needed a strong name. So she switched it to "Thunder". I can picture my manly husband outside calling his one hundred and ten pound male German Shepherd "Here, Puddles" Don't worry he's not that big yet but he will be someday. Here he is in all his furry glory.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
6 comments:
He is so cute!
I think Mr. Thunder Jonathan is uber cute! I just realized TODAY that you had a blog and just read all your posts! LOVE IT! I'm looking forward to reading what all you have to share!
What a great name! You could call him TJ for short! I'm a sucker for cute, furry baby animals. That's why we have two dogs and a cat. I have to make myself walk away from the animals at the vets office that are up for adoption. I have to tell myself, they will grow up into big things that leave their "stuff" everywhere. That's the only reason why we don't live with 14 dogs and 20 cats.
I love that his name is Thunder! If you get another puppy you can name it Lightning! :)
I love puppy breath!
He's a cutie. Love the name story!
Post a Comment