Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Perspectives

I took the girls to Church today. There is nothing unusual about this, we are there almost every Sunday. Without Daddy in the pew with us it gets a little trying for me. The girls are wiggly and loud. I feel so self concious about their behavior. I can't believe how loud Little Sis colors on her paper and how loud Big Sis chews her Starburst. It's like every move they make and thing they do is magnified. There was an older woman next to us that kept staring at us the whole service. You know how you can feel someone looking in your direction? I could see her turned our way, out of the corner of my eye. I wasn't sure what to do about it, so I did nothing. It turns out though, they must have been better that I thought, a different lady behind us told me when church was over, "Oh, your girls were so quiet." I said thank you. I am sure I had a surprised look on my face.



Our music minister left a while back. We have had a guy filling in. He's really good, but today was his last day. Our pastor was up on the stage talking about how much we liked the guy and how grateful we were for his help. We gave a standing ovation. I guess at some point the pastor called him "Brother" I didn't hear that part. Little Sis leaned over to me and said, "Oh, I didn't know Dr. Marshall had a brother." At first I didn't know who she meant then she explained it was the man leading the music. I smiled at her childlike thinking, I was also proud of her. You see the two men are two different colors. She didn't think anything about it.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

That is so sweet. I love the innocence of of children. I wish more adults were like that.

Janelle said...

I am grateful for the sweet older ladies that offer encouragement instead of judgement. I hope I can remeber that in my old age!!

Celeste said...

So sweet! I'm getting nervous about Elle getting to the age where she realizes people look different than each other, I hope she say things like that!

Alana said...

I second what Janelle had to say about the older ladies offering encouragement instead of judgement. I'm going to be like that someday!

michelle said...

What an encouraging post! I love little sis's take on life! Both your girls are sweet!