Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A word of advice.

If your husband is a thousand miles away in the middle of training, do not text message him the word HELP followed by an exclaimation point!!

I found this out the hard way and want to share my new found wisdom with my readers. Yesterday morning I got up to let the dog out of his crate. He sleeps in it in the garage. In my tired stupor I opened the garage door and let him out to "potty." I then went to his water and food bowls to make sure they were filled. Much to my complete disgust there was a furry little bloated mouse floating in Thunder's water dish. Well, I did what any self-respecting woman would do. I screamed. The girls were watching me at this point as I flapped my hands and jirated around the garage, yelping and screaming. I looked around and there next to the tractor was another. Thank the Lord, they were both dead, but I was still in extreme horror. I didn't know what to do. I did know that if anything were to get done it would be done by me. This fact did not pass me by. I love my husband and I do pretty well (with God's help) when he is out of town. But this was way above and beyond the call of duty for me. I wanted him to feel my pain. So I called him. I heard him pick up the phone and then hang it up again. This was a signal to me that he was in class. I didn't really care. I tried again. This time the call ended right away. I was appalled that he would do that to me while I was facing a crisis. So I did it. I texted "Help!!" I can say that this was the wrong choice for me. A minute later Josh called me in a panic. He thought someone had died. I told him two mice. He had absolutely no sympathy for me. He was worried and didn't understand where I was coming from. I was mad that he didn't see how horrible this situation was. We both hung up.

I can say that I admit that was the wrong thing to text. He called me later to say he was okay and that I had just scared him. I got a chance to tell him of my horror of tossing the mice out while I screamed the entire time and the girls looked on in shock. I still get a chill if I think about it.

Don't worry I went out right away and purchased mouse traps and some of those plug-in pest repellants. I hope they work. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I would have screamed too!

I'm so sorry! I can totally see where you were coming from, and where he was coming from. Sometimes they just don't have the ability to understand our horror!

I think maybe you should get a cat. A really big cat.

Anonymous said...

maybe 2 really big cats!

i would have had to called my daddy and had him come deal with it!

I admire your bravery. :)

Teresa said...

Oh Jamie! I'm totally there with ya...but if you are ever in that situation again, feel free to call me!!!! We deal with all sorts of "pests" out here at our place!!!

I would've done the same thing to DJ!

Alana said...

Yes, please feel free to call Teresa, NOT ME. I love you and all, but I would be no help whatsoever and mice are SCARY!! So sorry you had to endure that alone!