I am a day late for my Father's Day post. We had a fun day yesterday. We are struggling about which church to visit while we are away. Yesterday we decided to watch our church live on the internet. It was nice and it made us wish we were there. I didn't think the girls were taking it seriously. I finally told them that they would need to draw me a picture of something the preacher talked about. Dr. Marshall talked about love from 1Corinthians 13. He focused on patience, kindness, envy and pride. When it was over I told the girls to each go draw a picture. Little sis drew a stick man with a word balloon coming out of his mouth. Inside the balloon were scribbles. She ran up to Josh and I and threw it in our direction saying "Love" and running off to play. Big sis took a little more time with hers. She brought her picture to us. In the top left corner she had written the initials V. R. I asked her about that. She said "I don't remember, He said something about V.R. or R.V. or something." A light bulb went off. I said "Do you mean N.V. (envy)?" Yes, that was it, and off she went. I cracked up.
After this we got ready and drove to Montgomery. The zoo there is very nice. Father's got in free for Father's day. We had a good time. It was a little hot, but still nice in the shade. Everyone got to see his or her favorite animal. Although the girls were upset that this particular zoo had no panda (we saw Kung Fu Panda last week) Just as we were finishing up our walk and preparing to ride the train, it began to thunder and lightning. Josh suggested that we get ice cream on the way home and forgo the train. This satisfied everyone (especially me) and we headed home.
I love my husband, I hope he had a great day with his girls. He is an awesome daddy.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
2 comments:
I know I have said this, but I am SO GLAD that you are with Josh this summer. I know how important this family time is for you both. I am sure he is thankful for your sacrifice to be with him.
Glad you had a wonderful day!
V.R.
That is FUNNY!
I'm glad you had a good day! How fun to get to explore new places for the summer! I love it!
Post a Comment