Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Fasting
Yesterday I went on a computer fast. It was awesome. I am usually drawn to get on the computer if I have a minute to spare. Most of the time that minute becames half an hour or maybe more. Yesterday I was praying and I just felt like God was calling me to fast from the computer. Each time throughout the day when I wanted to use the computer, my thought process was changed to focus on God and all the gifts He's given us. It was great. I recommend it for all of you others who find yourselves addicted to this thing. Maybe next time I will go for two days, or more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen. I have thought this many times. Daily.
Good for you. I feel like I go through phases...sometimes I feel like my computer use is healthy, and under control, like today. Othertimes I feel like I can't step away. Weird. Thanks for the suggestion, I think it's a good one.
Brilliant Idea! I totally need to do this! It's not like I don't have anything else to do!! :-)
I felt that way especially in the beginning days of blogging. I feel like I've found a balance with it these days, but it can surely be addictive!
Post a Comment