Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Monday, November 10, 2008

And so it begins.

Throughout our parenting Josh and I have felt strongly that our girls should never be more busy than we are. We have always had the rule of one extra activity at a time. So far this has meant that they do nothing. Yeah, well, there was that one season of spring soccer when Big Sis was four. At three she did gymnastics for a few months, we decided that wasn't her "thang". But nothing since then, she's 7 now.

For months and months I said "We need to get the girls into something." Still we hesitated, dragging our feet. Until now.

As of tonight we are the proud parents of two Upward Cheerleaders. It was practice night, and it was so fun to be there and watch. Unfortunately, Little Sis practices at 5:30 and Big Sis at 6:30. We finally got supper (at Colton's) at 7:30. Now we are home and the girls are finally in bed at 9 p.m.

This is so odd for us. We are usually at home on evenings. This will take some getting used to for sure. This isn't even considering that the games start in December and run through February. They are on Saturday mornings, another commitment that we aren't at all used to.

I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a busy life raising and running around our kiddos.

5 comments:

alisa said...

Just thinking about you!!!

Janelle said...

Congrats for making it this long w/o all the extras. It will be a change, but you will be so proud of watching them perform that you will forget about the new schedule!

Kara said...

Oh man. I bet that is such a weird feeling. I know when Little Girl starts doing something "bigger" and our schedules start changing - it just feels a big strange for awhile and like we are crossing some childhood threshold. Hang on - I bet it will get wilder and more fun from here on out!!! Go Team Go!!!

Shelley said...

I so admire you for keeping your family out of the madness for this long. I think you'll enjoy this though, and I know your girls will!

michelle said...

Welcome to the madness!