I have been overwhelmed with how to catch up the old blog. I want to cover everything I missed, but every time I log in I stare at the screen and decide to do it later. So, I decided to do my best to catch up by highlighting events/thoughts of the almost year that passed between posts. When I'm done I will be able to start fresh with new recent goings on here. Here goes in no particular order (oh yeah, and don't expect complete sentences):
*House on the market from February 20th 2009-February 4th 2010. Finally sold! A woman from WI who had been looking on the net and finally sold her place. So glad to be outta there. We loved it, just out grew it. May God bless her life there.
*Made an offer on our new house. It was bank owned and I never realized what a pain it was to buy that sort of home. In all it took us about two months from offer to closing. Then it needed a lot of work (neglect)and we stayed in a two bed room apartment in the meantime.
*Big sis started and completed 3rd grade, kind of hard year for her. She ended up doing fine and got the award for her class of most improved for the year. She isn't too crazy about school, but doesn't hate it either. She got glasses this year, for use at school and I think that helped some. She donated her hair to Locks of Love in the fall. She wants to grow it out again and donate again. She has a soft and kind heart (except when it comes to her sister)
*Little sis started and completed 1st grade, she loved her teacher, loved school and did well. She was chosen for the Young Author's Conference at C of O. She gets a little involved in the drama that can be a 1st grade girl, but that has always been her. We had one issue that needed to be dealt with but all is well now. Last night she lost one of her front top teeth, too cute.
*The Bub is as cute as ever, he's growing up so much. Getting to be a big boy. When we moved into the new house he moved to a big boy bed. It's going fine. He also started revolting eating in his highchair so I bought him a booster. He doesn't like to eat in that either. He likes to eat sitting at the bar, it's fine. I have to insist he join us at dinner time when we eat as a family. He is talking a little more. He finally says "Mama" now which makes my heart happy. Some other words he has: "Dad/Dada", "Bubble", "Baby", "Ball", "Bath", "Book", "Truck", "Hot","Diaper", "More". Of course, some of those words are harder to decipher than others. The other day I was getting the kids ready for church and Little Sis said "Oh, my Bible" and ran to find it. Bub said "My bi buh" and went to his little book basket to find his Jesus story book Bible. He blew me away. What a cutie.
*The girls have become quite the bike riders and so Josh and I decided to get some bikes. We've got out as a family a couple of times, it's a lot of fun and Bub enjoys riding in his kangaroo seat on my bike.
*I worked as a teacher for Parents Day Out at church this past year. It was fun. Bub did terrible the first few times (He was in my class, and had to share me) but he got better at it. Our class was 10 boys and 1 girl all ranging age 1-2. Not as bad as it sounds, they were a good little class.
*Josh is awesome. The move/apartment living was stressful for everyone especially him, but it's over now and we are both super excited to be here. We know it's a blessing. Josh is working hard and is such a great provider for our family.
*We took a vacation to St. Louis ( I will do a post on this later)
*Our newest niece, Taylor Grace was born in Dec. 2009. She's a doll, but we haven't seen her much. We need to do some traveling this summer.
*God has truly blessed us. We are determined to live our life in such away to bring him Glory and praise.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
2 comments:
Love reading your blog, even though I know most of what goes on in your life. Maybe when my computer gets fixed I can start following it again. Love you big sis :)
Yay! Great catch-up. And I love your new look! I miss seeing you, and your sweet kids! It's nice to catch up this way.
Post a Comment