Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Dreaded Bug

Monday my husband had a day off. He had the privelege of being the parent helper at Little Sis's preschool. They both had a blast. Later that day he said he wondered if something might have been wrong with those apples they ate at snack time, since his stomach felt weird. I brushed it off not realizing what the future held for me. About two that afternoon it began...the stomach bug!! Ahhhhhhhhh! This is my least favorite sickness (I am sure I'm not alone in this.) Little Sis was first followed soon after by her dad. We had quite a restless night needless to say. Can you really sleep with one eye open? I was lying in wait for her all night. Ready at a second's notice. My husband didn't fare well either, but he was on his own. After a long night Little Sis was thirsty, she said "My heart wants a drink of Sprite." I said "What is your tummy saying?" She said, "my tummy is saying "Sprite, Sprite"" I thought it was pretty funny and pitiful. Thankfully she was better by morning. I can't say the same for my husband, he spent all of Tuesday in bed or assuming the position. Thankfully, He did get well and is headed to work today. But surprise, Big Sis, woke up sick today. I am back on duty. Let's hope mommy can dodge the bullet.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope you can dodge the bullet too! We had it here last week, and Ellie and I dodged it. So there is hope!!!

michelle said...

I missed you at Bible Study last week! Sorry for the attack of the flu bug! Hope everyone is back to feeling better!

Are you going to post any new puppy pictures?