Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

God is good.

I really don't want to write a serious post. I would rather be funny or exciting. I just feel lead to ask you all to pray. Please pray that God would bring victory to some members of my extended family who are being attacked by the enemy. I don't want to name names but there two are people who are in times of crisis in their lives right now and only God is able to free them from bondage and bring victory into their lives. During this time things look hopeless and difficult. Many other family members are being affected by what's going on. Pain brings hopelessness and hopelessness leads to bad choices, even sinful choices. I truly believe that hurting people hurt people. Pray that doctors involved with these family members can have Godly wisdom in dealing with them. I am sorry if this post is confusing. I don't want to be too specific about either situation, just know that Satan is attacking and I don't want him to have the victory. Pray that Satan will be bound from their lives. God can take these lives and make something beautiful from them. Also, if anyone has any advice on dealing with and helping someone dealing with depression/addiction, I would welcome them. But really I know the best thing I can do is to pray, will you pray along with me?

Psalm 41:1-3 "Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness."

I thought these verses fit the situation pretty well. I also want to ask that you would pray that Josh and I can be a positive influence in this situation especially to those involved who do not know Christ.

5 comments:

Celeste said...

I admire how you are handling things, it's great that you turn to God! I'll be sure to include you in my prayers. What an awesome verse.

michelle said...

Jamie, you and your family members are in my prayers. Give me a call if you need me.

Janelle said...

I will be praying.

Shelley said...

I will pray along side you for your family. Thanks for sharing and letting us help in this way.

Alana said...

I will pray. I can relate to your situation, but unfortunately don't have any advice. Sometimes it feels like our last resort is praying because there is nothing we can do, but it is truly the best resort.