Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What do you think?

I am reaching a crossroads in my life. My baby girl is turning 5 next week. She will begin kindergarten in August. I keep asking her to stay home with mommy for one more year. She's not falling for it. Can't say I didn't try. Anyway, now where does that leave me? Josh and I are pursuing adoption but we can't say when a baby will actually be in our home. What should I do with myself during the in between time? Get a job? I don't know. I have to be honest I am struggling right now with my new identity. Does anyone have any wise insight or opinions about what to do when your baby's off to school? If you are at home with little ones right now, what are your plans for when they do start school? Anybody who's been through this already? Well, I would appreciate any encouragement/advice anyone has to give.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Jamie,
Adopting is such a gift. Korea is such a great program. The babies live in foster care and recieve great mediacl treatments. We waited only 5 months. we used an agency out of Pa- Love The Children. Please feel free to e-mail anytime with questions or just want to chat! good luck and God Bless
Kelly

Shelley said...

Goodness Jamie, I don't know! It feels so far off for me still! Maybe something part time? Something fun, something with a discount for friends :) Oh I kid! Or just take some time for yourself. Tackle projects, get organized...these are things I dream of! I'll be interested to see what others think.

Celeste said...

What about doing some volunteer work? Maybe just a shift of 2-3 hours once a week. Then you help others, but you aren't tied down to a job if you want to go out of town with your family.

At work we have some volunteers that bring their children with them to teach them about giving. I love that!

I think it's awesome for children to see their parents volunteering, it's such a great example.

Anonymous said...

Some gals I know have taken very part time jobs at clothing stores to get the 30% discounts for the expensive clothes their kids wear.

Kara said...

Jamie - I am feeling for you right now in your impending crossroads. Little Girl is almost 3 and I as I wait for our second adoption to take place (whenever that may be) I find myself wondering what to do if I don't have a child at home to take care of when she is off at school. Weird transition - huh?

Well, let me just say this. For now, I wouldn't rush out and get a job or do anything drastic. Your 3rd child could be coming right around the corner and being bogged down in a job might be another strange transition back into full-time SAHM! I would go the volunteer route, the organizing your home route, the catch up on your prayer time, book reading, calling a friend route. Maybe in the quiet is when the Lord could reveal what it is that he has for your hands to do to keep busy in this season of waiting. I'll be praying for something good!

michelle said...

Jamie! I'm praying for you! God has a plan and things will work out in perfect timing! For the time being you could keep me company a couple days a week! :)

Alana said...

I think that will be a tough transition when I get there. I'm not sure what I will do. Personally, I have thought about going back to school for Master's, but who knows??

Here's a question for you. If you could do anything, what would it be?

kristi said...

Hey Jame, I was just thinking about your question. I know that I am not any where near where you are with my little one and hoping to have more down the road, but I did have a thought that I wanted to share with you. I think that our family as a whole is going through a challenging time and as I thought of your question I wondered maybe this is a way for you to be available to our family. I think that a way to use your time wisely and glorify God is to be a servant to our family, not that you aren't already, but maybe even more so, with your new schedule approaching soon. I'm sure that you can think of some specific ways that you might be able to minister to certain people in a certain way that need it and that only someone as close as you are to that person could fill that particular gap. I hope I'm not talking in circles, but there it is. Let me know what you think.