Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Awesome Weekend!!

Although it didn't start out that way, our little family had an awesome July 4th weekend. Here is a time line of how things went:


Wednesday, July 2nd

7:00 p.m.: Jamie and girls see Kit Kittridge movie.


9:08 p.m.: Heading home from the movie, Big Sis vomits in the van.


9:45 p.m.: Girls and Jamie arrive to apartment, A/C not working, upstairs is like a sauna


11:00 p.m.: Josh arrives home to find below standard sleeping conditions.



Thursday, July 3rd

6:45 a.m.: Family awakes to no A/C, very crabby family indeed.


7:30 a.m: Family eats breakfast out to escape heatbox apartment.


8:00-8:40 a.m.: waiting outside of rental office to alert them of no A/C.


9:00 a.m.: Family arrives back to apartment getting hotter every minute.


9:o5 a.m: Jamie begs Josh to take dog to kennel and begin mini-vacation a day early.


9:06 a.m.: Josh complies. Packing quickly ensues.


9:15a.m. to 2:5o p.m.: packing, showering, driving, snacking, more driving


3:00-4:3o p.m.: search for hotel with vacancy, find one, lounge on beds enjoying A/C


4:30-6:oo p.m.: Eat at fav seafood place one last time. YUM!!


6:30-7:30 p.m.: Swim in hotel's awsome pool.


7:30-9:00 p.m.: walk on beach, dig holes in sand, watch sunset



Friday, July 4th

6:45 a.m.: Little Sis wakes up, ready for "brek-thust"


8:00 a.m.: Eat at Waffle House, blueberry waffle, mmmmmm


9:30a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Enjoy Florida's Gulfarium. Big and Little Sis love it.





12:15p.m: Drive to Pensacola, Fl


1:30-3:45 p.m.: Visit Naval Aviation Museum. Josh is like a little kid.



3:45p.m.: Drive to wrong hotel.


4:00 p.m.: Finally get to right hotel (earned free night with Marriott rewards)

Sweet bonus: hotel is in perfect viewing distance of Pensacola fireworks show.

4:15-5 p.m.: veg out in room.

5-6:30 p.m.: walk to Outback Steakhouse (a block away), Eat yummy meal.


6:30-7:00: digest

7:oo-8:00 p.m.: Swim in hotel pool.

8:00-9:00 p.m.: shower, jammies (girls)

9:00 p.m.: walk down to lobby and watch fireworks from front lawn of hotel

9:30p.m.: bedtime


Saturday, July 5th
7:30-9:00 a.m.:wake, get dressed, eat free breakfast in hotel lobby.

9:00-10:oo a.m.: check out, load up

10:00-11:30 a.m.: Drive along coast, Gorgeous!!!

11:30-12:30 p.m.: Visit Navarre Beach, played in sand and surf, so much fun!


12:30-4:00 p.m.: Travel (the scenic route) back to Alabama.

4:oo p.m.: Enter apartment, A/C is fixed, apartment cool!!!!!

Thanks for putting up with this post. I know it is a little lengthy but I really wanted to document our weekend. If I missed some time periods it was because I didn't want to bore you with too many details. Also, sorry about the spacing, I tried to fix it and it kept acting up. We had such an awesome time. Memories were made and bonding happend between the members of our family. God is awesome. I am thankful to Him for our time together and also for His awesome creation that we enjoyed. He is quite an artist.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I LOVED this post! How great to read a play-by-play of your mini vacation! I did laugh out loud when I read about Josh being a kid at the museum! Sounds like you got all sorts of blessings on your trip! I'm SO glad you got the AC fixed at your "home away from home"! I get crabby in the heat so I totally get it!

The pics were great too! So glad you got to make some great memories together! God is so good!

Shelley said...

And praise God for fixed AC!!! That had to have been miserable!
I loved your list too, very fun.

Kara said...

I want to go to the beach!! I think I would've broke the apartment a/c myself just to get to go on vacation a little earlier! Thanks for the pics and the details of your trip. So much fun!

Alana said...

Looks like so much fun! We haven't been to the beach in so long. I hope we can go sometime soon!

How was the movie? Cute?

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Wow, busy! I'm a Jamie, too, and I don't think I've been to your blog before, so I wanted to stop and say hi! And how was the Kit movie??

Jamie said...

Kit Kittridge was very cute. It kept the girls attention and mine.