Every year for the past few years, Josh's mom has wanted to have Big Sis (and now Little Sis) for a few days each summer. Last year they each took a separate turn leaving me at home with one girl to spend one on one mommy time with me. It was great. This year she wanted them both on the same week. And when I say week I mean six nights, seven days. My first thoughts were "Yes, I can get a lot done around the house, relax and spend time with my hubby with lots of time to spare" My first couple of days were great. Sleeping in. Completely rearranging the girl's rooms and organizing toys (aaacckk! still working on that one) I even got a girls night out with my sister and cousin-in-law. But as of Wednesday I was over my vacation. Plain and simple I miss my kids. I miss their snuggles in the morning. I miss their sweet voices singing in the next room. I even miss their sister squabbles (I know I'm crazy) I am here to testify that absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
6 comments:
JP was only gone for a long weekend this summer and it was practically torture!
for me not him!
I SO understand! I leave for 4 days next week, and I already miss them!
How is it that they drive us so crazy and we so want a break from them, but when we get that break, we just want them back with us as soon as possible.
I think us mom's just enjoy the chaos....or just all the kisses. Enjoy your couple more days and they will be back home filling your house up with laughter soon enough.
It is funny how the drive us crazy when they are here and miss them like crazy when they are gone thing works! They will be home soon! Enjoy your hubby time!
OH my word! how exciting for your sister!!!
When is she due? Can't wait to hear all the details!
Well, I understand, but it usually takes me a bit longer to get to that point ;-) You are a good Mom!
Post a Comment