Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Vacation Bible School
My girls are attending VBS at my parents church. I have been seeing some of my bloggy friends there, dropping off thier kiddos. I asked Little Sis what they had for snack on Monday. She said bananas, Sun chips and a Capri Sun. I think VBS has come a long way since my days at Faith Missionary Baptist Church. Without fail our snack was cookies and red kool-aid. It may have been a little repetitive but it was great. I have a lot of great memories from those hot summer days. The year I was too old to attend I began helping. I was a teacher in a kindergarten class when I was 15 or 16. Oh the joys of a tiny church. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. I hope my girls are making great memories this week. I know they are learning more about God and that's the best part of all. Do any of you have VBS memories?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have helped for the last 3 years, minus this one. It is AWESOME! I love it all!
I loved VBS and I also went every summer without fail and also started helping once I got too old to be an attender. I actually have more memories of helping than going, so I totally recall being a "row leader" and basically keeping the mass chaos coming from the 7 year olds down to a minimum during the service time in the sanctuary. I also remember apple juice and animal crackers. Ahh. The staples of childhood!
I also remember helping more than attending. When I was 12, my home church started a new VBS program called Marketplace. They set up a Jesus time village, complete with shops (fish nets, pottery, bakery, carpentry...) where the kids go to make their crafts and learn about what life was like then. It is AWESOME. Now, 19 years later, it is going strong. Their average attendance is around 500 kids. My girls both went this year, and they loved it! It was really good for me too, since they stayed with Grammie for FIVE NIGHTS!
VBS rocked. They do such a great job. I don't have any specific VBS memories, but I always remember loving it...especially the special snacks ;-)
Post a Comment