Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to Normal?

I am home now and finally almost unpacked. I am a proud member of the ranks of procrastinators. My husband comes home tonight and that gives me some motivation to get things done today. Unfortunately, while I have been unpacking the two sweet girls have turned their rooms into disaster areas. So, our main project today is to make some order in those rooms. I have enjoyed looking at my new kitchen. We have also been picking blackberries from our own personal blackberry patch. It makes me feel like a pioneer woman picking berries for my family. I guess that is as close as I will get since I don't bake bread from scratch too often and I can't churn butter.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Well, I guess we'll have to come to your house to pick berries next time ;-)

Kara said...

Blackberry patch? I LOVE blackberries? I wonder if I can plant me some at my new house? You ARE a pioneer woman. Go girl!

Jamie said...

We inherited the blackberries from the man who built the house. His mother planted them a long time ago and the patch happened to be on the lot we chose. Most of the year it looks like a mess but in July it becomes a lovely blooming berry patch. I love it. I have even made jam the past couple of years.

Shelley said...

We had a few blackberry bushes in my backyard when I was growing up. I remember eating them right off the bushes...YUM!

Janelle said...

How fun! I am sure everyone is enjoying some SPACE. Glad you are back!

Teresa said...

How yummy! My folks have a ton of blackberry bushes and are getting quite a few berries as well! So impressed that you've made jam in the past!

Glad you made it home safe and are starting to enjoy your kitchen!