On the news this morning there was a report on happiness. It compared couples without children to those who had kids. The findings were that childless couples as a whole were 7% happier than those with kids. I can't imagine this. My life is so much better with kids in it. Maybe the couples with children have more stress, worry, work, financial responsibilities, etc. But that is nothing in comparison to the satisfaction, joy, love, blessings, fulfillment and on and on that kids bring into one's life.
I think the couples that were tested must have been the ones who had no desire for children in the first place. Those who are satisfied with things how they are. Before my kids came along I wanted them so much. Any opinions out there?
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
6 comments:
Wow. That is really sad for those people. I'm like you, my children were always wanted, always welcomed. It's definitely not the EASY road to take, but it is worth it.
I would be curious as to how many of the people questionned were divorced or remarried couples. And where did the people interviewed live? Probabaly not the Heart of America.
We liive in such a grand and wonderful special bubble of happiness, I think if we had to be placed on a coast in a large city and asked to live with our kids we would be shell shocked.
That is crazy though...I can't imagine life without my kiddos. Even the 2 I haven't met in person.
How do you measure happiness anyway? It must have been a slow news day to come up with this story.
I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. I am sure the people interviewed had to have been couples who were content to be a child-less couple and preferred to live the lives of travel, career and nights on the town. That is all well and good for them, but for me - I didn't even know what true happiness was until I become Little Girl's mommy!
Hmmm...life without kids. Less stressful? YES. More happy? NO!
Wow, I can't imagine my life without my babies. I don't think I would have ever gotten "over myself" if I had not had my children. It was only then that I walked away from the self-absorbed lifestyle and was able to truly love. And that is happiness to me.
Post a Comment