Journey Mom

My photo
I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleepy and lonely.

Hi, I miss my hubby.

I don't have a whole lot of interesting things to say today. My husband probably won't be home for at least another week. This being a single parent thing really stinks.

I don't want to spend my whole post complaining. It has really been okay around here. I got to meet one of my blog friends in real life last night. Kara had a baby shower for her new baby boy. It was fun. I had to cart my kids along, due to my lack of babysitter. I told Josh on the phone that my baby sitter had skipped town. He said "Who?" I said, "You!!" He's a dork sometimes.

The days have been very normal. Nothing interesting. Laundry. Dishes. I'm not even sure why I am writing this post. I am reaching out for adult communication I guess. Josh and I talk on the phone but our conversations are short. Whatever happened to the days when we talked and talked for hours on end and I would cry when it was time to hang up. What's that all about?

Sorry for the rambling. I'm really tired. I don't sleep much when my co-spooner is gone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally can't sleep when Aaron is not home.

Hope the days pass by quickly!

Kara said...

AAAAH!!!! This is primarily what inspires me to blog too. I need adult conversation and I need it immediately!!! I'm so sorry that your hubs is still gone. I know when David used to travel a lot, I would buddy up with any and all my girlfriends whose husbands traveled too and we just ate dinner together and created a little "evening" life together when we would normally be with our hubbies. Hopefully this week will fly and your co-spooner will be here before you know it!

P.S. It was SOO much fun meeting you in real life the other night. It meant so much to me that you came to my shower and MADE my children something no less. You are a dear. I am in love with those bath towels!!

Shelley said...

Your co-spooner, cute. Too cute. It sounds like to me you need a friend to go shopping with. Shopping always helps me. Therapy, I guess. Anyway, I'm always available for shopping at a moments notice!

Janelle said...

Oh, Jamie. I wish I could give you a hug. Sweet friend. I love the heart you have for your husband.

Teresa said...

Jamie, you are in my thoughts and, of course, prayers! I miss seeing you this year and I think of you often! I'm excited for you and Josh as you start the journey to get your little man from over seas. I'm so sorry that Josh has to be gone, and I pray that the time goes by SUPER FAST! Single parenting isn't fun and I hope you are able to find some fun in each day to help you plug along!

Alana said...

Just wishing I could give you a hug right now. Hang in there. By the way, you did win the book on my blog! That should cheer you up a little, right? Let me know how I can get that to you!!