Some of you know that when Josh was deployed it had something to do with Hurricane Katrina. Another state was set to go but was affected by the storm and so Missouri was called up. We found out he was to be deployed a day after my birthday in 2005.
Well, over this past weekend Josh got a call that he was being sent to Arkansas to a staging ground for helicopter's flying to help people affected by the next hurricane, Ike. So tomorrow, which happens to be Josh's 33rd bday, he leaves to go to AR and then possibly farther south depending on when and where the hurricane hits.
I am bummed that he will be away on his bday and also that he could possibly be gone for two weeks. God has chosen to provide for our family through Josh's job with the military, and I'm thankful. But, sometimes it stinks, you know. Pray with me that he remains safe and that the hurricane weakens and all the people on the coast will not be in any danger.
Journey Mom
- Jamie
- I am a mother of two sweet girls and a wild, precious little boy, born in Korea. A wife of an awesome husband who happens to be my best friend in the world. My goal in life is to be used by God to bring Him glory. I am on a journey through this life to do just that, only with His help.
6 comments:
I am so thankful to know there are men like Josh serving our country.
My prayers will be with you, him, and the girls.
safe travels...
Amen to what Jen said.
And I'll be praying to...for him, for you, and for the gulf coast.
I agree with Jen. I'm watching a little girl next week because her dad is in Lousiana working on Gustav help, and her mom is a pharmacist and must work.
I can't imagine that!
You are all in my prayers!
I'm so sorry. I pray the time passes quickly for you!
Beautifully said. I know God provides in ways we don't understand, but that doesn't mean it is going to be easy.
I love that we can be honest with Him and He can handle it.
I will pray for your Josh.
Post a Comment